If you’re like most people these days, you have a long to-do list of tasks waiting for their turn. There are several reasons that you shouldn’t leave glass repair or glass replacement at the bottom of your list. The potential for small cracks to grow into big ones makes taking care of windshield damage a top priority.
Reasons for Getting Glass Repair or Replacement Now
Goldsboro, NC is a railroad town that is rich in history and culture. It is well-known for its rich agricultural heritage and for Seymour Johnson Air Force Base. Goldsboro has more than its fair share of interstates with I-795, I-95, and US 264, among others. With so much traffic traveling at high speed, the potential for windshield damage from road debris is always a big risk.
Even if the small crack in your windshield seems minor, the next threat could result in big problems. Below are some of the best reasons for getting a glass repair or glass replacement before you get back on the roads.
1. Accident Dangers – You already know that your windshield protects debris, insects, and inclement weather from getting inside your vehicle. What you might not know is that it plays a role in your safety during an accident. More than half of the support from your roof comes from your windshield. If you’re in an accident and your car flips, a cracked windshield will let the roof cave in.
2. Passenger Airbag Failure – Your windshield also plays a role in the deployment of the passenger airbags. The glass stops the airbag, so the inflation redirects to the passenger. If the glass is cracked, it might break and prevent the deflection needed to protect your passengers.
3. The Damage Doesn’t Stop – Even though the crack in your windshield seems small, it might not stay that way. Changes in pressure, extreme temperature changes, and driving fast or in high winds are just some of the things that cause the damage to grow. That small crack that could be repaired today might turn into a large break that needs replacing tomorrow.
4. Dust and Debris Make Repairs Impossible – Putting clear tape over a small crack is a temporary fix. It keeps dust and debris out until you can get it repaired. If you let it go, the debris can become embedded and make it impossible to clean well enough for a repair.
5. Higher Costs – Getting your windshield repaired costs less than a glass replacement.
Don’t put your safety at risk or drive your glass repair costs up. Call us today for a quote and get superior glass repair for your car.