Most drivers check their oil, fluids, tire pressure, and belts before starting on a long road trip. While they set out to make their vehicles as safe as possible, they often overlook chips, scratches, and cracks in their auto glass. Even if the damage is minimal, you shouldn’t wait to get any auto glass damage repaired even if you’re staying close to home. Scratches or cracks are more than a matter of aesthetics that you can ignore. Some reasons to make auto glass repair a priority include:
1. It Impairs Your Vision – Drivers need 360-degree visibility for safety. Scratches that make it difficult to see make a huge difference. Get your windows buffed and remove the scratches to make windows look new!
2. Windshield Damages Grow – The problem with minor window damage is that it doesn’t heal on its own. Temperature changes from things like the hot North Carolina sun can cause it to grow. If you leave home with a small chip, you could end up with a large crack as a souvenir.
3. It Weakens the Integrity of the Glass – Auto glass is made for superior toughness. But once there’s any size damage, it weakens the integrity of the glass. That means driving on rough roads, a rock hitting the window, or any pressure placed on the windshield can cause the damage to quickly worsen.
4. It Supports the Window Frame – The windshield does more than provide a barrier from the elements. It also supports strength to the structural support of your vehicle. During a crash or rollover, the windshield keeps the roof from crushing you. It also gives the airbags the room they need to deploy. Your windshield needs to be intact and properly installed to protect you and your family.
5. A Repair Costs Less Than a Replacement – Minor damage like scratches and chips can often be repaired. Once the damage gets worse, you might have to pay for a replacement.
If something causes minor damage to your auto glass while in Fayetteville, don’t wait to get it repaired. Maybe you’re visiting Fayetteville to see a loved one stationed at Fort Bragg. Fort Bragg is one of the largest military bases in the world. Or you might be a Fayetteville resident who drives to work and shops in the “All American City” almost every day.
Whatever your reason for being in Fayetteville, North Carolina, don’t take chances with damaged glass in your car. Contact the professionals with 30 years of experience to repair or replace your auto glass.